What is the procedure to get PCC Apostille in India?
Define PCC apostille
The full form of PCC is Police Clearance Certificate. In this document, the criminal history of the person is checked. This is one of the most important documents for a person who is migrating to a foreign country. The certificate gives surety that a person is not involved in any criminal offense. The date and time are mentioned on the certificate when it is issued.
PCC apostille is a way that legalizes the certificate. After the higher authorities have verified all the details and the apostille process is completed. Then the foreign country gets assured that the details that are mentioned in the document are accurate. Apostille fastens the document-checking process.
Why apostille is important?
Several reasons make an apostille important. Let’s see a few of them:
- Apostille is important for the convention member country to get a visa. India is also one of the member countries since 2005. So, in India getting documents apostille is necessary.
- The apostille sticker is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs. The sticker contains essential information.
- All the critical details such as the name of the applicant, name of the document, officer signature, date, time, and many more. There is a unique number on the sticker. This sticker helps in verifying all the details. Moreover, the authenticity of the document is also known with the sticker by the foreign country.
- To legalize the document, the apostille is indispensable(essential).
- The apostille sticker is placed by only the Ministry of External Affairs. As all the foreign affairs are handled by them only. So, the foreign country feels safe to migrate the person.
The details that are mentioned in a PCC apostille
- Certificate No: A unique number is put in
- Certificate issued Date: 22/33/2222 date and time are entered
- Account Reference: ALPHA CODE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC
- Purchased by: NAME OF THE PURCHASER
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: NOT APPLICABLE
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON WHO PAID THE STAMP DUTY
- Stamp Duty Amount (Rs.): AMOUNT THAT IS PAID FOR THE STAMP DUTY
What is the easiest way to get a Police Clearance Certificate?
The Police Clearance Certificate is an essential document. There are generally two ways to get a police clearance certificate.
- Passport Office (RPO).
- Nearest Police Station.
The easiest way to get a Police Clearance Certificate is from the passport office. A person can apply for the PCC online. The online application is easy and the form is filled in a few minutes.
Why a person requires PCC apostille?
There are many times when an individual requires PCC apostille.
- An applicant who wants to relocate to a foreign country. Further, applies for a permanent resident visa.
- A person who wants to do higher studies.
- An individual who wishes to get employment abroad.
- A person who applied for a dependent visa.
What are the documents that an individual need for a PCC certificate apostille?
A few documents are needed when a person plans for a PCC certificate apostille.
1 Major Documents
- Original police clearance certificate
- Passport front- and back-page photocopy
Fastest Process for a PCC apostille
The fastest process to get an apostille on a police clearance certificate is as follows:
1. Notary Attestation: Notary attestation is the first step for PCC attestation. A person cannot avoid this as it is an essential step. In this, the PCC certificate is given to the notary to check. After checking the documents, the notary attests to them.
2. SDM/State Attestation: This is the second step where the certificate is sent to any of the mentioned authorities. Both the authorities function in a similar manner. The attestation is completed with a stamp and sign by the state or the SDM.
The time that is taken by SDM or State is different. The SDM completes the work in less time. It generally takes 7-10 days only. However, state attestation consumes more time. The attestation is completed in 3 to 4 weeks at the State Level.
Important Note: SDM attestation is better than state attestation in terms of time. Although if the country has made state attestation compulsory. Then a person has to wait for 3 to 4 weeks.
3. Ministry of External Affairs: Attestation by MEA is the last steps for all the Hague countries. This is the most crucial step for the PCC certificate apostille. In this step, all the above-mentioned documents are presented to the MEA. All major and supporting documents are examined cautiously. When the documents get verified then the PCC certificate is attested.
A sticker is placed on the certificate that has a unique number. This sticker adds authenticity to the document. A foreign country can check the details online. As all foreign matters are handled by the Ministry of External Affairs. So, MEA attestation is a must to finish the apostille process.
4. Embassy Attestation: This step is the last and final step for non-Hague countries. Moreover, the countries where the Hague convention abolishing is done. In this, the PCC certificate is submitted to the embassy and also the prescribed fees. The documents are scrutinized(checked). The embassy when finds the document genuine then the Police clearance certificate is attested by them.
- For Hague nations apostille (RPO issued)
Notary + MEA + Apostille
- For non-Hague nations (RPO issued)
Notary + MEA + Embassy Attestation
- Hague nations apostille (Police issued)
Notary +Home department + MEA +Apostille
- For non-Hague nations (Police issued)
Notary + Home Department + MEA + Embassy Attestation
How much time does it take to get a PCC certificate apostille?
The PCC certificate apostille is finished in a period of 10 to 15 days. There are some times when there is a higher number of applications. So, the time may extend than usual in case of any uncertainty. A trustworthy apostille service can guide better about the accurate time.
Note: Make sure that the apostille service you choose keeps your original documents safe. As if misplaced this may lead to an increase in time. Find a safe and secure apostille service for the best results.