Jowar Dosa Recipe: How to Make the Most Popular Jowar Dosa For Breakfast
Welcome to Jowar Dosa Recipe, a blog dedicated to the making of the best dosa recipe in the world. This is a recipe for dosa, a traditional South Indian savory crepe, which is made with jowar, or sorghum, the primary grain crop in the state of Maharashtra, India. This dosa is healthier and tastier than regular wheat flour dosa and is a great option for those who are gluten-intolerant or simply want to eat better.
The dosa recipe is easy to follow and requires only a few basic ingredients, making it a great option for a weekend breakfast or quick dinner fix. The Jowar dosa, also known as the Maharashtrian savory rice crepe or the Indian burfi, is a popular street snack in Maharashtra, India. Jowar dosa is a thin pancake made from rice and urad dal (black lentils) and stuffed with various fillings such as potatoes, onions, chutneys, and fresh coriander. It is served with a small cup of sambar, a thin and mild lentil and vegetable soup. The dough for jowar dosa is made from rice, urad dal, and salt. Jowar dosa is a popular South Indian breakfast dish. It is often served as an appetizer or snack, but it is also delicious as a meal. The dosa is made from a mixture of soft, fermented rice and urad dal (also known as black gram). The rice is pressed into a flat circle and then cooked on a griddle.
How to make jowar dosa:
- Combine 1/4 cup of urad dal with 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes, then drain. Add 1 cup of basmati rice, and 1 cup of jowar flour and mix well with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- It only requires 2 cups of jowar flour, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of urad dal. Mix well with a little salt. Add very hot oil and wait for a few seconds for the mixture to bubble. Pour in the jowar dal batter, and then wait for it to set up. Then sprinkle in some more lentil flour, add more oil, and then flip the dosa.
- Now add the jowar flour mixture to it. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. For optimal consistency, use a little bit of oil to help make a nice dough. And then use your hands to knead the mixture, making sure that the dough is well-kneaded.
- Place soaked and drained urad dal in a grinder along with a little water until a coarse flour is obtained. Add salt and some baking powder to it. Make flour into a smooth paste with a little water by adding water as required. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a kadhai or wok. Keep it on medium heat. A large vessel is preferred for making dosa. As soon as the oil reaches a rolling boil, pour in the dosa batter, and lower the flame to simmer.
In the above article, we talk about how to make jowar flour dosa most simply and enjoy the most healthy and easy breakfast recipe on the go.
Please check this high quality content: car accident attorney los angeles cz.law